PICTURE PERFECT CCTV
A. PREPARATION OF LAPTOP
1. REMOVE SUPERFLUOUS PROGRAMS AND ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE.
2. Add windows networking components from add remove programs. Delete windows messenger and other unnecessary games etc.
3. System properties/device manager/universal serial bus controllers/usb root hub/power management/ clear "allow computer to turn off this device to save power."
4. Under network adapters/ integrated controller/ disable it if you are using a wireless network adapter. Disable the in-built wireless adapter if you intend to use a USB wireless network adapter.
5. System/computer name tab - change the computer name to any suitable name, and the workgroup name to correspond to the name of any existing network that you intend to use.
6.System/updates tab - turn off automatic updates.
7. System/advanced visual effects - select "adjust for best perfomance."
8. Right click desktop - Screen saver none. Monitor power select "when I close lid, do nothing." Clear settings relating to battery. Clear any power management options for wireless LAN and Cardbus. Clear any power restrictions on hard disk and turn off any hibernation and system standby settings.
9. Start /run /type msconfig and press enter. In the startup tab select "disable all" Restart the computer. When back to the desktop, tick the pop-up message box of the system configuration utility saying "don't show this message again." Ignore the pop-up warning message about automatic updates and anti-virus software by closing the message window. Ignore Local Area Connection "network cable is unplugged message by closing it.
10. Run start programs/accessories/disc cleanup/ and disc defragmenter/ preferably once a week to keep the machine running smoothly.
To connect to an existing network
1) Go to network connection and right-click on the wireless network adapter that is being used. Properties/advanced/windows firewall/settings - Turn off the windows firewall and ignore pop-up warning message.
2) Click on wirless network tab - clear box marked "allow windows to configure my wireless network settings." Close the dialogue window and exit the network connections section.
3) While you are on the desktop, right click the security icon in the system tray, and select "change the way security center alerts me." Clear all three boxes.
B. PREPARATION OF CAMERA
1. Connect camera to ac adapter cable. Do not insert the batteries. Turn on camera.
2. Open the LED display flap. Press menu. Many of the settings do not apply since the camera will be controlled from the laptop. However, these are suggested settings:
1st tab: red eye off; self-timer any; AF mode single; AF-assist beam OFF; Tally lamp OFF; digital zoom off; review any; reverse display any; IS mode shoot only; converter off. Scroll to top then
2nd tab (tools tab): mute ON; power saving auto power-down OFF; display off after 1 min; file no reset off; auto rotate off; distance units any; language English; video system PAL.
3rd tab: Themes disable all. Menu to return to display. Turn camera off.
Connect usb cable to camera and computer. Turn on camera then turn on laptop. If Windows is already running when the usb cable is plugged in, then it may recognise the new device and turn it on if the camera is not already turned on.. The menu dial on the camera can be set to auto but it does not seem to matter what setting it is set to. Place camera on wall-bracket.